NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STUDENTS (NAHIMS) SOUTHWEST ZONE
NAHIMS SW ANNUAL CONFERENCE/CONVENTION 2020: EMERGING SCENERIOS AND NEW REGULATIONS
We bring greetings to all NAHIMS Southwest Stakeholders and members from the Executive Council of the Association.
We appreciate our members for the trust and support we have enjoyed from them before now and currently, when the whole world is gradually coming out of the negative effect of COVID-19 pandemic and Nigeria, our country is being faced with aftermath effect of #EndSARD protest.
Just like others organizations, COVID-19 and #EndSARS protest have destabilized our plans and schedules, especially, our annually-organized conference. These emerging occurrences necessitated our strict decision to lessen the number of participants at this year’s Conference. The essence of this is to ensure that our meagre resources are enough to effectively cater for participants, to ensure tighter security for participants and to allow us take precautionary measures against COVID-19.
Recall, that our conference has been rescheduled for Friday 30 October – Sunday 1 November, 2020, at Ogun State College of Health Technology, Ilese. I’m pleased to announce to all our intending participants that this year gathering shall be a bit difference from the usual ones due to the present state of our dear country.
Therefore, the following modalities shall strictly be observed for the convention.
1. All schools shall have a maximum of Seven (7) participants to include Chapter’s President, General Secretary and other five students. Note that this arrangement should include students who are not in their exit classes, so as to have people to keep history of the events.
2. Students who are interested in having the conference certificates and would not be privileged to be in attendance can obtain a copy with a sum of One Thousand Naira Only (NGN1,000). Such Student(s) shall register with his/her Chapter’s President on or before Saturday 31 October, 2020.
3. All intending participants are enjoined to come along with a Nose Mask and Hand Sanitizer.
4. All Chapters are expected to pay up the anual due on or before Friday 30 October, 2020. – Date of commencement of conference.
5. All the Chapters’ Presidents should endeavor to present the names of their proposed participants to the NAHIMS Southwest through the President or General Secretary, before Friday 30 October. – This will aid our planing and preparation in terms of feeding, accommodation and other welfare matters.
6. Annual dues payment shall be the yardstick to vote and be voted for.
7. For the benefit of those not in attendance and would like to join online, provision shall be made for the symposium to be streamed live on facebook.
Registration fee remains Two Thousand Naira Only (NGN2,000).
While we appreciate our members once again for their support, we look forward to a befitting conference. Please anticipate for our further information about the conference.