Sokoto State Govt Discharge 22 COVID-19 Patients After Their Recovery

0
86

The Sokoto government has announced the discharge of 22 out of the 75 active cases of COVID-19 at the state’s isolation centres in Amanawa after they have recovered from the disease.

Ali Inname, who is the chairman of Sokoto task force committee on COVID-19 and commissioner for health, made the announcement on Tuesday while briefing reporters on the COVID-19 situation in the state.

Inname described the latest number of recoveries as the “highest so far achieved by the state.”

According to the commissioner, Sokoto had recorded 106 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of May 11, and 12 people have died from the virus.

“However, out of the 75 active cases, today, we have successfully discharged 22 persons who dually tested negative for COVID-19, making a total of 41 patients discharged out of the 106 confirmed cases in the state,” he said.

“More so, the number of deaths has just increased by one today according to our update, leaving a total number of 52 active COVID-19 patients in the state.”

The commissioner further disclosed that out of the 106 confirmed cases in the state, 30 percent of them were females while the other 70 percent were males.

Inname made it known that the state had successfully traced 874 contacts, out of which 431 persons had been tested for the virus.

He finally enjoined the people not to panic and stick to necessary measures to avoid the spread of the virus, as COVID-19 was not a death sentence

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here